Telephone Research Interviewer
A Telephone Research Interviewer’s responsibility is to conduct telephone outreach to conduct surveys, recruit participants to participate in focus groups and research interviews. Activity will include initial contact, screening potential respondents to invite them to participate, verify eligibility, schedule, and/or make confirmation and reminder phone calls. Activity also includes providing project coordinators assistance as needed. The telephone interviewer uses specialized software to initiate calls and input responses and data. This is a great part time entry position to learn and gain experience with various opinion and social science research. This position is hybrid remote, part-time with Monday-Saturday shifts based on availability and specific project needs.
- Make phone calls and follow up on requests by research participants.
- Recruit quality respondents within the criteria of assigned study.
- Be accurate on ALL paperwork, screeners, spreadsheets, call record sheets and timecards.
- Keep Outreach Manager and Project Manager updated on any problems you encounter while recruiting for a study, i.e., why people are not fitting the study criteria or questions not included in the training materials.
- Conduct phone research interviews, surveys, recruit and screen potential respondents to participate in qualitative research studies and log the information into the system.
- Provide assistance with conducting, administration, hosting and proctoring of in-person qualitative research such as cognitive interviews, usability testing, and focus groups as assigned.
- Input and record data, notes, logs from the conducted recruitment and research interviews, surveys, and any other research activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Desktop computer or laptop, working headset with speaker and microphone
- Internet access (must be able to maintain the following connection specs: >5 Mbps Up; >25 Mbps Down)
- Must be well-spoken and comfortable speaking on the phone
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task
- Must have attention to detail
- Willing to work when needed, midday, evenings or Saturdays, within reason.
- Accurate typing skills at a speed sufficient to take notes during a phone conversation
- Experience with telephone surveys a plus
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus
- High school diploma
- Two years’ experience in call center, customer service role interacting with consumers and business contacts
Work Location: DC Metro area; work is remote from home with occasional need to visit Rockville, MD office in support of on-site focus groups and team meetings.
Job Type: Part-time
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to: email@example.com