Social Marketing & Behavior Change
EurekaFacts offers services for social marketing and behavior change efforts covering the full continuum of research activities: from exploratory and formative research, through concept and message testing, to evaluation. Many of our research tools were adopted from cutting edge commercial marketing techniques, but all are based on a robust social science foundation. Our team of experts is comprised of thought leaders in the theory of social marketing and behavior change, and offer our clients relevant insights into the program development and impacts.
- Formative research and situational analysis Using qualitative and quantitative methods, literature reviews, and analyses of secondary data, EurekaFacts team will give our clients a clear understanding of the audiences’ mindset, decision heuristics, and mental models as well as ecological factors influencing targeted behavior.
- Segmentation Success of social marketing and behavior change interventions always depend on reaching the right people with the right message. EurekaFacts’ experience with segmentation analyses and knowledge of commercial market segmentation technique (including products like PRIZM) will help you to identify and successfully target the right audience segment.
- Concept and message testing EurekaFacts offers our clients a full range of concept and message testing options, from more traditional qualitative approaches, to more in-depth quantitative online research, and laboratory studies utilizing eye tracking technology. Our methodologies aim to explore both the emotional and cognitive reactions to the concepts and messages, helping our clients to craft and refine messages that resonate with the audience.
- Digital Media and Social Media Analysis EurekaFacts has the expertise to help our clients leverage digital analytics to better understand the influence of digital and social media strategies on campaign outcomes. Social media monitoring can reveal what the audiences think and feel, in their own words, about the issues addressed by the campaign efforts or the campaign itself.
- Grassroots activity tracking With many behavior change efforts involving community partners, EurekaFacts has proven experience in developing easy-to-use reporting systems that can be implemented by community partners to track their activities. Understanding how the campaign is implemented locally offers vital insight into its effectiveness. The tracking system also allows campaign managers to implement mid-course corrections and plan for future activities.
- Process Information Monitoring System (PIMS) EurekaFacts developed an information management system that allows for combining a multitude of campaign metrics across different dissemination channels (i.e., social media followers, print circulation, GRPs, etc). PIMS converts channel-specific metrics into a cross-channel measure of reach, allowing for dynamic management of campaign activities for optimal outcomes.
- Campaign Evaluation EurekaFacts works with our clients to develop feasible, methodologically robust, and informative campaign evaluation designs. We use primary data collection, process indicators, and administrative data, as well secondary data sources to provide a comprehensive picture of how campaigns and other intervention efforts shaped audiences’ knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Return on investment (ROI) and media allocation models Examining which media channel is most cost effective in inciting behavior change is an important question when it comes to media strategies. To help campaign planners to answer this vital question, EurekaFacts team brings experience in developing ROI models that link media expenditures and campaign outcome measures. The media allocation models allow the campaign planners to understand the ideal media mix to reach the intended audiences.