Segmentos is a geodemographic, cultural database and zip code search tool. Segmentos data helps you gain a more holistic view of your consumers and clients. Smart targeting with Segmentos is highly cost-effective.
- You can learn about the dominant Hispanic market in your zip code and surrounding area.
- You can browse through the ten community types and choose those that best match your targeting objectives.
- You can use the profile of your current customers to learn more about them, and find where in the country you can find new customers in similar communities.
Segmentos is designed to help businesses and community organizations navigate the complexities of the Hispanic market. Segmentos identifies homogenous segments and groups of Hispanic households across the country and uses additional parameters to characterize the distinct segments of the Hispanic population.
Segmentos data analytics includes 11 factors: Household language, household income, household size, home ownership, home type, family type, presence of children, national origin, education level, occupation, and population density. Segmentos incorporates signficant characteristics and offers a robust profile of various Hispanic populations according to their characteristics and the communities where they live, work and play.
Examples of Segmentos Data Usages
- Choose a zip code, city, metro area or region and Segmentos will provide a very complete picture of the Hispanic population that lives there and the various distinct groups that make up the Hispanic community including how the area or region differs from the national population.
- Choose a demographic profile and Segmentos will inform you of the complete consumer profile including the size of your target demographic and the communities where you can find them.
- Choose a particular attribute that relates to your objectives (e.g. large family size, renters, millennials, etc.) and Segmentos will provide you with the Hispanic groups and where they are concentrated across the US.
- Match a list of customers to the Segmentos clusters, enriching the information you have on your customers and offering insights on how to find more customers that look like those you have already won over.
- Add the Segmentos database to your custom segmentation and customer profiling system to serve as a stream of attributes informing your community profiles.
- Use geo-location to better understand your customer/client’s community and implement geo-intelligent strategies that resonate with each market.
- Contact us to develop your own customized segmentation approach. Layering your own data and custom new datasets ,we can develop highly effective market and customer profiles and manage a data-driven platform to engage with your Hispanic market.
U.S. Hispanic Demographics
Marketers are constantly challenged with finding ways to better understand and target Hispanic audiences. The Hispanic demographic encompasses people from more than 20 countries with widely varying degrees of acculturation, household structure, affluence, and education. Hispanics are highly concentrated in 10 states, but segments can be found nationwide.
In 2017, 10 states had a population of 1 million or more Hispanic residents: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Texas. Of these states, California, Texas and Florida comprise more than half (55%) of the Hispanic population. Four states have a Hispanic population that is estimated at more than 30% of the population: Arizona, California, New Mexico, Texas .
In 2016, the median income of Hispanic households: $47,675 .
 Source: Vintage 2017 Population Estimates
 Source: Income and Poverty in the United States: 2016, Table 1 https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2017/demo/P60-259.pdf
Hispanics in Montgomery County, MD
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of information does Segmentos provide? Segmentos delivers complete profiles that include the average demographics for Hispanics in the community inclusive of affluence, home ownership, dominant family structure, occupation, and more. Segmentos also delivers the language preferences, national origin/culture, and concentration in their community. Expenditure profiles, media preferences, and more detailed information can be added as well.
Is Segmentos data available? Segmentos may be used along with other data. The underlying Segmentos data is available for statistical analysis, as well as in GIS databases. EurekaFacts can dynamically assign Segmentos profiles to your customer files.
How can I buy Segmentos and how much does it cost? Complete the Bid and Info Request form and EurekaFacts will help you right away.
- Complete picture of the Hispanic population
- Distinct groups within a zip code
- Dominant national culture, languages, etc.
- Full consumer profile
- Target demographic size
- Where communities are located
- Segment comparison with national population
- Micro-geographic segmentation
- Zero-in on the communities where your target demographic lives
- Develop strategies and communications for households in segments
- Save hundreds of hours in advanced analytical work
- Discover geo-demographic segments
- Measure your market penetration by segment
- Identify new territories and opportunities
- Blend segment data with other large datasets including large-scale survey microdata, transactional/customer records, and administrative data
- Develop insightful and effective strategies and tactics when used with other tools like the EurekaFacts Hispanic panel (link to panel info)
- Create custom research with Segmentos