EUREKAFACTS, LLC PRIVACY NOTICE
Last modified November 7, 2019
EurekaFacts, LLC (“EF” or “our” or “we”) values the privacy of its clients, users, participants and others (“you”, “your”) who visit EurekaFacts.com website (the “Website”) or agree to participate in research activities with us.
Additionally, we may notify all third parties involved in the provision of the research activity when you exercise these rights.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number via email or other direct contacts from you. In some research studies, we may also ask you for permission to access other data such as location, administrative data, and direct observations.
We will use your information to respond to your inquiry. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our company, other than as necessary to fulfill your request or meet requirements under the law.
- If you are a client, we collect services, areas of interest, and billing information.
- If you are a research participant, we may share your opinions and experiences but your PII will remain confidential. If you are a minor (under the age of 18) or are entering information regarding minors participating in research, we collect the name of the parent/guardian that we should contact regarding proper parental consent. This website is intended for audiences older than thirteen (13) years of age.
- If you are a potential research participant, we may collect demographic information such as age, gender, ethnicity, interests, and other information necessary to invite you to participate in research activities that are appropriate to your characteristics. Your PII will remain confidential.
- If you are an employee or employment candidate, we may collect your name, contact email address, telephone numbers, position(s) you are interested in, resume, and other employment-related information. This information will be used exclusively to make decisions on employment with the company.
- If you are representing a community organization, teaming partner, or potential teaming partner, we will collect your name and position title, and your organization’s name and address, phone numbers, and areas of interest. We will use this information to make decisions relative to collaboration as appropriate.
We will request your express consent for participation in one or more research projects where we believe you are eligible. Your participation is always voluntary, and you may withdraw at any time. All personal information and responses to research questions will be kept confidential and only reported in the aggregate form. Your confidential responses will be used solely for the specific purpose of the study in which you agreed to participate.
EurekaFacts uses information collected solely for research purposes, to investigate the behavior, needs, attitudes, opinions, motivations, or other characteristics of individuals, companies, or other organizations. This is done to provide information to clients, government, commercial and nonprofit organizations, which will assist them in making decisions.
Generally, the information we hold is not connected with details that identify individuals. However, when information remains identifiable, the individual is given notice and has the right either to request access to, correct or delete, any information held by our company.
Our company strives to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personally identifiable information (PII) of our respondents and customers. To do this, we use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss, or unauthorized use or disclosure.
At times, our company may wish to collect names and contact details of respondents to contact respondents about the research or for auditing purposes. Details that identify respondents are removed from responses to the research once they are no longer needed for the research.
Some of the information collected may be considered sensitive information, and we treat all PII as sensitive information. This may include information about an identified participant’s racial or ethnic origin, membership in a professional or trade association, membership in a trade union, household income, and marital status. Identifying details are removed as soon as they are no longer needed.
We do not forward or share PII with anyone outside the research team without the respondent’s explicit permission, nor publish in a form that would enable a respondent to be identified without their permission.
Guiding Authority for Management of PII
EurekaFacts uses the following materials as guidance to manage processes and information management related to PII issues.
- NIST publication 800-122 – Guide to Protecting the Confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Where and if applicable, OMB Guidelines on federal surveys – Office of Management and Budget Standards and Guidelines for Statistical Surveys
- Privacy Act of 1974 – 5 U.S.C. § 552a
- The industry standards on ethics and respondent confidentiality published by Insights Association (Formerly CASRO Code of Standards and Ethics and MRA Code of Marketing Research Standards) and the AAPOR Code of Ethics
- Where and if applicable, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). In these cases, we handle health information only as required with employees and applicants for employment, as well as where necessary to fulfill research needs. We fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including strict privacy of protected health information, and employee security training specific to HIPAA.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) – to ensure the protection of children age 13 and younger
- EurekaFacts is certified to ISO Standard 20252: International Standard for Market, Public Opinion and Social Research. As such, we comply with privacy and confidentiality under such standards.
- EurekaFacts maintains an Internal Research Board (IRB) made of scientists and non-scientists with the sole purpose of ensuring the proper protection of human subjects in our research studies. The IRB is registered with the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Human Research Protections (OHRA). The registration for EurekaFacts is IORG IRB00009628, and the IRB registration is IRB00009628. EurekaFacts Federal Wide Assurance registration is FWA00022062. As part of human subject protections, we work towards ensuring respondent privacy, confidentiality in participation in our research.
- For European Union residents in the EU, we comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective May 25, 2018. Your rights under the GDPR include:
- The right to object to processing.
- The right to access and rectification.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to be forgotten.
- We are required to notify third parties when you exercise these rights.
- Access to and control over your Information.
- Protecting privacy of your data is important to us.
EU-US Privacy Shield
We take precautions to protect your information online and offline. Our employees have been trained to identify and safeguard PII, and our IT environment is equipped to maintain PII securely.
HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF ANY OF OUR PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL, OR MANAGERIAL SAFEGUARDS.
We will notify any data breach likely to “result in a risk for the rights and freedoms of individuals” to the appropriate authority (including the Data Protection Authority (DPA) in your country of residence if you are an EU resident) within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, when feasible.
We will follow the legal requirements for notification applicable to your residence based on the information available to us.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information (PII) on our site. Tap for more information about cookies.
EurekaFacts tracks user traffic patterns throughout the website to improve the user experience and interactions of clients. You may also be tracked when you access a survey link or other online invitations to validate your access, to validate your responses, or to avoid duplicate entries.
To determine which areas of our website users prefer, EurekaFacts may track search terms that users enter in our “search function.” We use tracking information to better customize the content that is most relevant to our users/clients.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
EurekaFacts is committed to protecting the privacy of young children. For that reason, EurekaFacts does not knowingly collect or maintain PII on the website from people under 13 years old, and no part of the website is directed to people under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the website at any time or in any manner. If EurekaFacts learns of any PII that has been collected from people younger than 13-years-old, then the appropriate steps will be taken to delete this information. Any information provided by a parent/ legal guardian on minors is collected with proper informed consent and is treated as sensitive information. Please contact email@example.com immediately if you suspect that your child has submitted his or her personal information without your permission or consent.
EurekaFacts Contact Information
EurekaFacts Privacy Officer
51 Monroe St. Plaza East 10
Rockville, MD 20850