Senior Director of Research Programs
The Senior Director of Research Programs directs and develops a successful portfolio of social science research programs serving multiple clients in the government, nonprofit, and the private sectors. This is a senior management position overseeing research teams, budgets and client relationships. With expertise in social science research, leadership and business development he/she leads a team of research directors, senior analysts and a support team working in collaboration with other practice areas in the company.
- Design and direct the execution of social research projects such as program / impact evaluation, survey research, market or communications research and analysis studies, while coordinating efforts with clients, staff, and vendors. Work with clients and to execute projects maintaining the highest quality standards consistent with project budget and allotted timelines.
- Conduct business development efforts to identify business opportunities and follow up to materialize them into social science research projects. Work with existing and prospective clients and teaming firms contributing to continued company growth.
- Contribute to the overall leadership and direction of the company as a member of the senior management team.
- Manage and develop a team of research project managers, analysts, data collection and analytics staff to obtain the support needed and deliver top quality service according to project specifications and quality standards.
- Work with the analytical team to design studies, collect data, finalize project deliverables, interpret findings and place them in the context of the client’s business objectives, presenting clear, accurate, and concisely written reports and presentations.
- Deliver high quality research reports, presentations and other deliverables to a wide range of audiences and advice clients on research dissemination strategy and fact-based recommendations.
- Work with the team to develop targeted proposals to meet client needs and financial objectives, present them to clients and win approval.
- Work with the Business Development Director to maintain records of prospects, targets, tried efforts and outcomes that lead to continuous improvement in our client acquisition and retention efforts.
- Contribute with thought leadership, publications, articles and/or professional presentations to enhance and advance company strength and visibility.
- Coordinate multiple research programs utilizing a wide range of research methods.
- Develop staff, methods, processes, policies, QA, and contribute to the overall corporate environment to enhance our strength.
- PhD in a social science field such as psychology, economics, communications, or related fields of social science.
- A minimum of ten years of experience directing complex social science research projects.
- Expertise with multiple data collection methodologies and expert level quantitative analytical analysis and comprehensive writing skills.
- Strong expertise in research methods, survey methodology, sampling methodologies documented by successful publications, research and presentations.
- Familiarity with IRB and OMB reviews for data collection in social science research, with experience conducting social science research for federal agencies.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, communications and interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills, strong attention to detail and coordination skills.
- Excellent customer focus, negotiation and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and budgets.
- Ability to obtain and maintain public trust clearances
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EurekaFacts, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.