Director of Research and Analytics Programs
The Director of Research and Analytics Programs is an executive management position that leads and develops a successful business portfolio of social science research programs serving government, nonprofit, and private sector clients in a growing practice that includes studies in public opinion, communications, public health and citizen engagement. With expertise in social science research, leadership, and business development, the director leads a team of research analysts and a support team working in collaboration with other practice areas within the company.
Responsibilities include developing and maintaining a healthy research practice, building strong client relationships, managing and mentoring staff, meeting the highest quality of methodological standards, ensuring total client satisfaction, and achieving financial and resource usage objectives which support our growth. This is a senior leadership position and therefore we seek extensive knowledge, expertise, and experience in the design and implementation of large-scale, multi-mode, complex data collection and coordination efforts.
- Conduct business development efforts to identify business opportunities and ensure they result in funded social science research projects.
- Work with the team to develop targeted proposals to meet client needs and financial objectives, present them to clients, and win approval.
- Participate in the design and execution of program evaluation, survey research, market research and analysis studies, while coordinating efforts with clients, staff, and vendors. Work with clients to execute projects, maintaining the highest quality standards consistent with project budget and allotted timelines.
- Work with the data collection operations teams, analysts, and other team members to obtain the support needed to deliver top quality service according to project specifications.
- Work with the analytical team to finalize project deliverables, interpret findings and place them in the context of the client’s business objectives, presenting clear, accurate, concise, and insightful written reports and presentations.
- Conduct presentations of capabilities, proposals, project findings, and other material to diverse audiences and advise clients on research dissemination strategy.
- Work with current clients and prospects to identify of new opportunities with existing clients and to work with new clients to help grow our business.
- Maintain records of prospects, targets, proposal efforts, and outcomes to refine business development and close opportunities.
- Coordinate multiple research programs utilizing a wide range of research methods.
- Manage the practice in concordance with the international quality standard for research and analytics ISO 20252.
- Develop staff, methods, processes, policies, and QA, and contribute to the overall corporate environment to enhance our strength and capabilities.
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in communications, public health, consumer/experimental psychology, economics, marketing, or related fields of social science research with focus on survey research and complex data analysis.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience directing complex social science research projects in public health, behavior change, communications research, or social marketing.
- Expertise with multiple data collection methodologies and expert level quantitative analysis skills. Expertise with complex multi-stage, multi-mode surveys, and longitudinal surveys and the management and analyses of large data sets is a must.
- Strong expertise in social sciences including research methods, survey methodology, and sampling methodologies, documented by successful publications, research, and presentations.
- Familiarity with IRB and OMB reviews for data collection in social science research, with experience conducting social science research for federal agencies.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, communications, interpersonal, coordination, and project management skills.
- Superior writing and editing skills, strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and budgets.
- US citizenship, with ability to obtain public trust clearances.
- Excellent customer focus, negotiation, and communications skills.
- This is a telework position with preference for location in the Washington capital area. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to email@example.com << Go back