Business Development Executive
Conducts business development and proposal activity to generate new business for EurekaFacts. Conducts business outreach and communicates with prospective clients to gain an understanding of needs and then follow a business capture process, prepares quotes, and coordinates proposal response to grow company revenue. Facilitates the proposal development process and tracks activities. Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex business development and administrative tasks in support of client acquisition and business capture daily operations.
1. Responsible for identifying and generating new business. Develop strategies for obtaining new business and further penetrating existing accounts. Prepare and deliver sales presentations and proposals. Effectively prospect, build client relationships, generate leads, and consult with clients. Accountable for revenue targets.
2. Engage clients in meaningful dialogue about their challenges and research needs
3. Conducts research, communicates with prospective clients, and searches for potential opportunities. Prepares and coordinate business capture and proposal response to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs and developing content that meets client needs
4. Writes sales content, including quotations, proposals, marketing collateral, case studies, and presentations. Writes clear, organized and visually compelling proposals describing methodologies, solutions, and cost quotations to meet client needs and project requirements, communicating with clients and internal team to propose solutions.
5. Delivers and presents proposals on-time to clients.
6. Improving sales and marketing content by evaluating solutions, methodologies, processes, approaches and effectiveness. Follows up with recent RFPs and RFQs by phone and electronically.
7. Maintains a strong opportunity pipeline and coordinates with area directors to maximize business capture that meets company strengths and offers potential profitability.
8. Serves as the company contact and informational resource to facilitate the opportunity identification, team integration, capture and proposal response for the business capture sequence including identifying and vetting opportunities, scheduling project team meetings, coordinating go-no-go decisions, obtaining support documents, coordinating and integrating proposal development activities.
9. Maintains an accurate timeline of all proposal development activities to ensure that project planning events and agency deadlines are met. Is ultimately responsible for delivery of proposals that are of high quality, complete, compliant, timely and competitive.
10. Assists in the revenue budget process by monitoring pipelines, maintaining spreadsheets, preparing pricing budgets, and compiling information for budget requests.
11. Follows company processes and standards to maintain compliance with brand standard and ISO 20252 quality requirements.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience selling custom primary marketing research with a proven track record of new business development success. A minimum of 3 years of experience developing government or other complex proposals.
• Strong/extensive background understanding and selling analytical market research techniques.
• Goal-oriented, well organized, and able to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Experience preparing proposals, bids and sales material for Survey Research, Qualitative Research, Quantitative Research, Analytics and Social Research projects. Experience selling for a small, boutique agency desirable.
• A Bachelor’s degree in required. Preferred fields of study include business, marketing, communication, English, economics, journalism, or related fields. Advanced degree a plus.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Superior writing skills with ability to draft, rewrite, edit, and format proposals.
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
• Strong Microsoft office skills including word, PowerPoint and excel
• Experience using systems such as Govtribe/Govwin or other opportunity tracking systems, Salesforce, GSA eBuy, state procurement systems are pluses
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to email@example.com